Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Opinion on Homosexuality

Just read that A&E suspended Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson from filming Duck Dynasty due to comments he made concerning homosexuality. He said, “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.” This is what sickens me about liberalism. They are all for "tolerance" until you disagree with them, after that they assault you're reputation and you are a person. The Bible clearly testifies that homosexuality is a sin:

"For this cause, God gave them up to vile passions: for their females changed the use of their natures, and employed that which is unnatural.And so also their males forsook the use of females, which is natural, and burned with lust toward one another; and, male with male, they did what is shameful, and received in themselves the just recompense of their error."- Romans 1:26-27

"Or do ye not know, that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God ? Do not mistake; neither whoremongers, nor idol-worshippers, nor adulterers, nor debauchers, nor liers with males, nor the avaricious, nor thieves, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, will inherit the kingdom of God."- I Corinthians 6:9-10

Under the Old Covenant, God ordered that those who slept with people of the same sex be stoned (Leviticus 20:13) and declares homosexuality to be an abomination (Leviticus 18:22). God established marriage to be between a man and a woman. Genesis 1:24 says, " For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh."

I have homosexual and bisexual friends and I love them as much as my heterosexual friends, but they should know where I stand on the issue. I am not homophobic; I have no fear or hatred of homosexuals. I just know that like us all, they are sinners in need of salvation. Our Lord Jesus hung out with people that the religious institutions would not even touch. Matthew 9:10-13 says, "And as they were reclining in a house, many publicans an sinners came and reclined with Jesus and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw [it] they said to his disciples, Why doth your Rabbi eat with publicans and sinners? And as Jesus heard [it], he said to them: They who are in health have no need of a physician, but they that are very sick. Go and learn what that is: I require compassion, and not a sacrifice! For I did not come to call the righteous, but the sinful."

Nature itself testifies that homosexuality is not natural. The purpose of sexual intercourse is not pleasure, but for procreation. Homosexuals cannot naturally procreate. If all people were gay, the human race would be driven to extinction. Even the atheistic theory of evolution would say that they would be evolutionary dead ends.

Just like I would a drunkard, an adulterer, or even a murderer, I will minister to their needs and show them the love and mercy of God and pray for them. We all have "that one thing" that we struggle with. I believe with these people, homosexual desires are their "one thing". I don't know that God will always miraculously break the bondage of homosexuality in their life, but I know for sure that God will give them grace to resist that sin if they will repent and turn to God for salvation. Grace is not merely unmerited favor, but that divine power in your life that guides you into righteousness. Paul tells us in Titus 2:11-14, "For the all-vivifying grace of God, is revealed to all men; and it teacheth us, to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and to live in this world in sobriety, and in uprightness, and in the fear of God, looking for the blessed hope, and the manifestation of the glory of the great God, and our Life-giver, Jesus the Messiah; who gave himself for us, that he might recover us from all iniquity, and purify for himself a new people, who are zealous in good works."

Quite frankly, I don't care if you are angry with me for what I say. I'm speaking the Word of God and I'm not going to bring myself into judgment for holding back. God will hold me accountable if I do not speak His Word. I will not bow down to the world and call homosexuality a "beautiful" thing. There is no beauty sin and rebellion against God and His created order. Isaiah 5:20 says, "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

People all around the world are being persecuted for standing for what is righteous. Churches are losing tax-exempt status, businesses are being sued and shut down, and people are quite frankly being attacked on all sides by those who stand for wickedness. If you make friendship with the world by claiming that homosexuality and other sins are okay, then you are setting yourself as an ENEMY to God (James 4:4). You fools who say that I am being intolerant and judgmental, how about you take your own medicine and allow me to have my own opinion and don't judge me? Even if "Christians" stop speaking God's Word, the rocks would cry out and condemn this wicked generation!


http://www.bible-geeks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment