Saturday, November 23, 2013
Concerning the Islamic Religion
A few years ago I posted an apologetics article about Islam for Facebook. Many people (most of whom claim Christianity as their faith) began to attack me for posting it. I find it shocking how many people are willing to stand up for another religion and not their own. Read it all below (all of my stuff is in bold):
Muslims are in strong error by denying the deity of Christ. They refer to Christians as "pagans" (assuming that we are all Trinitarian). I would like to talk about Islam for a little while. This is one of the most dangerous of the false religions in the world today.
Now for those of you who don't know a lot about Islam. I'll give a little bit of background information. According to the Unholy Koran, the Arabic "prophet" Mohammad received visions from an "angel" claiming to be from God (who is called "Allah" in Islam, "Allah" means "curse" in Hebrew).
Allah is never said to have spoken to Mohammad himself, but is said to have spoken to him through an angel. Muslims claim that Allah is the same God as the God of the Bible, whom they insist is not named YHWH, but Allah.
One infamous form of Islam is radical Islam, which is the religion that the terrorists (like Osama bin Laden) follow. Radical Islam follows Mohammad's law to a "t" (this law is called Sharia). Based on what I can tell, the Muslim laws are rather sexist (usually punishing women and putting them into more restricted lifestyles than men).
Muslims claim heritage from the patriarch Abraham through Ishmael, his firstborn son. They also claim that Ishmael, rather than Isaac, was the child of promise and that the Messiah would descend through him. The Bible tells us the opposite of this, but I do not disagree when they claim to descend from Ishmael. The Bible tells us the truth, that God promised Abraham that he would have a child named Isaac, and that Ishmael was a mistake of Abraham and Sarah's fleshly desires and doubt in God fulfilling His promise to them.
Anonymous: ok im christian and every thing but you do not have to call any other persons religion "false" they believe what they want and we can believe what we want i mean this is really unnesesary and hurtful to the muslim faith.
This is not me bashing Muslims, this is called apologetic writing. I am showing mistakes in Islam. I do not have a hatred for Muslims at all, but they are followers of a false religion. The only way to God is through Jesus the Messiah (John 10:1-7; John 14:6). I am just telling it like it is.
Now anyway, the Koran also claims that Jesus is not the Son of God (therefore denying that He is God in the flesh), but they agree that He is the Messiah of God. This is contrary to everything we are told in the scriptures about the identity of Jesus Christ. He is clearly taught to have been the one true God made flesh to die for our sins.
Anonymous: did you ever think that they think that there are mistakes in are religion and call it what you want its bashing another religion which in my oppinion un christian like. I do not think its right to judge another person
I'm not judging anyone. Only person I have mentioned that is a mere man is Mohammad. I do realize that they see mistakes in the faith of Christianity, I was going to get to that too. But Muslim apologists make many mistakes and contradictions while trying to discredit Christianity.
Anonymous: you are making many mistakes by posting this. these are the kinds of things that start religious wars between nations and the reason they try to discredit christianity is because people like you post and say these kind of things.
No Muslims are reading this either. Can you show any falsehoods at all in what I am writing? Islam has been trying to discredit Christianity (which has been around longer than Islam, mind you) for a long time. If you don't like what I write, then I am sorry to say this but simply don't read it. Jesus said in Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Anonymous 2: Muslims believe in the wrong faith.. simple as that.. no such things as virgins waiting for them when do stupid stuff
All I am doing is telling the truth. I'm not ashamed of that! Mark 16:15-16, "And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Anonymous: i am friends with some muslims so they might be reading this and its hard to ignore it when comment on it every five seconds judging someone elses religion and i dont believe you are telling the truth because you personally havent talked to someone of that faith i know this because you wouldnt be posting this if you did or I know i wouldnt personally but thats just me.
Anonymous 2: hahaha, dude, u liked ur own comment? thats cool.. but I love how everyone will stick up for other religions but never their own.. James all you can do is pray for Dylan, as there are many opinions in life and he shall pray for you
Anonymous: ok mr.devine i have no idea who you are and frankley i dont care but i honestly can say that i dont know what are society has come to when people can bash another religion.
Anonymous 2: hahaha, its life, get over it, deal wiht the facts and pray and tell ur muslim freinds to pray to their god haha.. than we can all live on with our miserable/happy lifes.. see ya
Anonymous: ok i thinks screwed up that u are laughing at this fact
Anonymous 2: lol
Anonymous: ok bye
I have done my reading on Islam, my friend. I do know what they believe. I can speak out against other religions if I want to! The Bible doesn't speak out against that at all. In fact, the Bible has instances of debunking religions and other heresies (read Colossians, in that Paul was debunking Gnosticism, a Greek philosophy that seeped into Christianity in the 2nd century).
I am not speaking in hatred of Islamics at all. You can say that I'm a non-Christian hater if you want but if you do that you are telling nothing but a lie. Islam is a false religion. If you don't believe that then I believe that you are going against what the Word of God (THE BIBLE) says. The Bible says in John 8:31-32, "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Now, I will continue. Muslims do, however, have a respect for Jesus. They believe He is the Messiah and the "2nd greatest Prophet behind Mohammad". Jesus was the true Prophet that was prophesied of in the Law of Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15-19). Mohammad gave many false teachings in his writings (I will go into that a little bit later), therefore according to Moses' quiz for a true or false prophet, he fits the description of a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
Muslims deny Jesus' deity on the basis of these things:
1. They reason that God cannot become a man.
2. Jesus prayed and God does not pray.
3. Jesus was tempted, and God cannot be tempted.
Now let me give some rebuttals real quick. First let us start on number 1. What is stopping God from becoming a Man? I thought God was all-powerful? God is all-powerful, so there is nothing wrong with God becoming a Man.
2. They are right in saying that God (while not incarnate) doesn't pray, but Jesus did pray because He was God coming to exist as a genuine Man. Jesus was conscious of Himself as a Man, and this is essential for Jesus to be the God-Man. Like all men, Jesus also needed a relationship with God. God was not praying to God, but a Man (who happened to be God as a Man), prayed to the Father in Heaven.
3. God is not tempted, this is in the Bible (James 1:13), and Jesus (who claimed to be God in multiple places, such as in John 8:58 or John 10:30) was tempted (Matthew 4:1-11). But keep in mind that Jesus was a Man too, so He could be tempted, but couldn't sin! Jesus' deity was not overcome by His humanity, and neither was His humanity not overcome by His deity!
For the record, I actually have spoken to a few Muslims before, but not face to face.
Now they also are non-Trinitarian, and I can't argue against that. I believe God is clearly taught in the Bible to be one Person!
Muslims also claim that the Bible has been corrupted, and therefore cannot be trusted. This is a false and unmerited claim, because the Bible is one of the most well-preserved documents that we have! There are presently about 5,686 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament (which was not as well-preserved as the Old Testament, but is still miraculously reliable). Scholars say that the copies we have are about 99.5% accurate. This is pretty amazing. The reason why it isn't 100% is due to textual variation (in which you see the manuscripts either missing verses others have, or wording things differently), but these are not really that problematic. This is why translations tend to have their differences. It depends on what manuscripts they use (at least usually, sometimes it is liberal agendas).
The Koran is not the perfect word of God that it claims to be either. There are many contradictions in their scriptures which are quite hard to reconcile. I will go through a few of them that I have been able to find on the internet.
"A. What was man created from, blood, clay, dust, or nothing?
1. "Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
2. "We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
3. "The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
4. "But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
5. "He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).
2. Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?
1. "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things," (2:256).
2. "And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith," (9:3).
3. "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (9:5).
4. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (9:29).
3. The first Muslim was Muhammad? Abraham? Jacob? Moses?
1. "And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).
2. "When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).
3. "And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).
4. Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?
1. Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed," (4:48). Also 4:116
2. The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority," (4:153).
5. Are Allah's decrees changed or not?
1. "Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).
2. "The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all, (6:115).
3. None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" (2:106).
4. When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not," (16:101).
6. Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?
1. "We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).
2. Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!" So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).
7. Is wine consumption good or bad?
1. O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).
2. (Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell for ever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).
3. Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25)."-
Many Muslims also try to use Biblical Scriptures against us to support their own teachings. There are two scriptures in particular. Let's start with the first.
Deuteronomy 18:15, "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto Him shall ye hearken."
The Apostle Simon Peter confirmed in Acts 3:22 that this prophecy is referring to Jesus Christ. Muslims though, claim that this is referring to Mohammad. Here is how we can disprove that: notice that Moses said that this Prophet would be "of thy brethren". Who was Moses speaking to? The Israelites (or Jews). Mohammad was not an Israelite, but an Arab, therefore he is not the Prophet that Moses was speaking of. Jesus is confirmed to be a Jew, more specifically from the line of Judah, in the New Testament (Matthew 1:1-17; John 4:22).
The other one I've heard of being used before is John 14:16, "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever..."
This is very simple. All you have to do is look at the next verse, which says, "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." This is clearly speaking of the Holy Ghost, and not a man named Mohammad.
If Mohammad claimed this himself (I don't know for sure), then he was committing blasphemy against the Holy Ghost. This is the only sin which cannot and will not be forgiven by God. Jesus said in Mark 3:28-29, "Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith so ever they blaspheme: but he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation."
Another major error I'd like to add as a conclusion is the fact that the Koran teaches that sperm is formed in the chest. "Now let man but think from what he is created! He is created from a drop emitted-Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs," (Qur'an 86:5-7).
Anonymous 3: ok you really shouldnt judge muslims like that, there are many out there with the biggest heart and probably the most loving people that you'll meet. I hope you become friends with some of them in the future. tackling someone else's religion isnt gonna do you any good, sorry to say. Religion isnt everything. and i dont mean to sound rude. Peace.
Anonymous 4: We all need to realize we are merely sinners in this world. Who are we to JUDGE? Last I checked god was the only one to judge. When the day comes we will all be judged by him. What religion is better is not for us to decide. We all have a choice in the matter. When our day comes is when we will all know. If we are speaking in opinion I feel we are all still too ignorant to truly know what to follow and what to not follow. However I can only hope with all the different religions, that in the creators eyes he sees us all the same no matter what we decide to follow, and to the creator we are all judged not because of our mistakes but each of our dedication to the creator no matter the "religion" because only he knows the truth we just believe.
Anonymous 5: Dylan has done nothing but author fact. You are not judging anyone by simply documenting what they believe, this was informative and cited; well done. James Cruise, I assure you that religious wars predate facebook and Dylans comments will not be starting one. I know you arent but 15 years old and your idealistic views will get you no where fast, no sense in re-inventing the wheel. Which brings me to my fav quote of all time, mostly because the endless truth behind its meaning. Although not coined by Winston Churchill, was made popular by his quote: "Those who refuse to learn history are doomed to repeat it" My suggestion is to do a little research yourself and Im not talking about a 'google search' either.
Anonymous 4: Have you infect read the first status??? " Muslims are in strong error by denying the dirty of Christ". In my opinion that is judgement. All things may be facts as written, however as I said before who are we? We are ignorant children. Who believe what we want. I am guilty as well. I believe in Jesus Christ. In some religions that's wrong. In mine its not. But who are we to say it is other the. Documented facts or opinions. We are ignorant children. I am ignorant. I will never know truly till the day has come and I can only hope our creator has pity on my soul. No offense meant to my amazing cousin! Just my view on religion
Listen to me, most Muslims are peace loving people. I mentioned radicals, I didn't say "ALL MUSLIMS ARE EVIL". All I am doing is showing the errors in the Koran and the Islamic religion. All Muslims deny the deity of Christ, this is a fact. Jesus said that you can judge by the fruit on the tree (Matthew 7:15-20). Islam is an Antichrist religion and if you don't believe me look at what they believe about Jesus! They deny that Jesus Christ died on the cross and deny that He is the one true God made flesh! I am not judging Muslims (notice I never condemned them as people, but I did condemn their beliefs about God).
Believe me when I say this. Jesus said He was THE way, THE truth, THE life. The word "the" implies that He was saying that He was THE ONLY WAY. No man cometh unto the Father except by Him. Jesus is it! If you can get to the Kingdom of Heaven through Buddha, Mohammad, Hubbard, or another cult/false religion, then Jesus was lying. The Bible tells us that Jesus is the sinless Lamb of God without blemish, but He is the just and Holy One!
If you don't believe that Islam is in error by denying the deity of Jesus Christ, then examine these verses:
John 1:1, 14
I Timothy 3:16
When I say that "they refer to Christians as 'pagans'" that is a generalization, and not me saying that all Muslims necessarily believe that. I am not judgmental against Muslims. I just know for a fact that what they believe is not the truth. I might sound arrogant to you, but believe me that this is not the intention.
Anonymous 5: Well Maria Holmes you better start getting busy covering your bases on that logic. "who are we to say its the other".....Well there are a few million images, items and dieties worshiped around the globe. God, Allah, buddah, Hannah Montana and even the moon. Who knows who it actually is huh?
Anonymous 6: "I'm not going to get into this much. But I will say, I know Dylan and I know that is intent here was not to "judge" anyone. He is simply stating facts. Whether or not he should put this kind of thing as his status or not is really no one's business to say he should or should not. It's HIS profile and before he puts a status in I believe it says "What's on your Mind".. And That is what he is doing.. Telling us what is on his mind. All he has done is given facts. If someone had orange hair and Dylan said to them, :Hey dude, your hair is orange".. Is that judging them, or is that a fact?.... Same applies here. Dylan loves everyone that he comes to know unless they give him reason not to. And even then I have never known him to bad mouth anyone. -- He is standing for what he believes, and what I believe to be truth. He studies his word and other religions probably more then any person that I know to be on here. So, I wouldn't really say that he is wrong unless you yourself know's that he is. And that goes beyond knowing a Muslim, you have to study it out yourself.. Their belief. And I would be ever so careful to compromise as many Christians do in the name of "lets not judge".. It's not judging, its setting a standard and not compromising. Lest you be snared yourself by false religions....."
I'm not going to dissect the Bible and pick what is true and what is not. I am not God, so I have no right to do that. God testified through the Apostle Paul that the Scriptures were God-breathed (II Timothy 3:16). I will not compromise the truth, because truth is absolute, not relative. If I am condemned as a Pharisee and a non-Christian hater, then I'll deal with that. If you truly love Jesus, then you must keep all of His commandments (John 14:15) and that includes not compromising the truth. Jesus wanted us to know the truth so that we would be made free (John 8:32).
Anonymous 6: And he said to feed his sheep.. And by showing truth? YOU ARE! HE did not say compromise.. He said love. Reflect him.. LEad people to him.. How can you if you don't show truth and just tell everyone "It's ok hunny.. believe what you want to.. Jesus loves you and thats all that matter".. True as it is? There still has to be truth. Jesus said to REPENT and be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins.. Is that not the commandment that he gives? So if someone believes any other way, would you, as a Christian then say that is WRONG? Then why would you NOT lead them to the truth? Not out of judging.. but simply out of love. ...
Anonymous: ok mr Benjamin Allen i dont care what you think and my views might get me some where fast i dont think your physcic or anything i really dont care what you think and to know im 15 you would have to be stalking my profile thats kinda creepy so id keep your thoughts to urself about me to yourself.
Anonymous 5: Dont even know where to begin with this cluster. First off, your profile is not hidden and you have your birth date posted directly at the top...not sure if that qualifies as "stalking". However I feel that you think highly of yourself if thats the frist thing that crossed your mind.Second, if you dont care what I think why did you reply? Hmm.I could care less about your age, but you should consider your lack of life experience when discussing some topics. I once was 15 and no I didnt consider it much myself, but why re-invent the wheel every generation?
Anonymous: i do care when people bring my name into a picture so thats why i replied second i do not think highly of myself its people like you who think highly of them self when they bring a 15 year olds name into something and expect them not to care because your older and that bothers me i think its pretty messed up and i dont care what you think me but i do care what people say about others cause its messed up on so many levels.
Anonymous 4: Gotta love the narrow minded.. Hahahahhaha
Anoymous 2: "I dont see why everyone is takin offense.. Dylan basically was writing down what he feels.. America gave us Freedom of Speech.. if you dotn like it, just ignore it and dont comment on it"
Politically correct (liberal) "Christianity" is not Christianity at all. It destroys the central teachings of the faith that Jesus Christ and His followers taught. They taught that there was one God: YHWH/Yahweh/Jehovah (Mark 12:29; I Corinthians 8:6), and that YHWH became flesh in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (John 1:1, 14; John 8:58; I Timothy 3:16; Colossians 2:9), and that the Son of God died for our sins, was risen from the dead so that we might be risen with Him, and ascended into Heaven. Jesus is the only way to God, He is the one mediator between God and man (John 14:6; I Timothy 2:5), by which every man and woman be saved by the grace and love of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith in Him, confession of sins, repentance, regeneration of the Holy Ghost, and baptism (Acts 2:38; Romans 3:28; Titus 3:5; I John 2:1-2). This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it is true.
Many men and women, including all of the original 12 apostles (except John), died brutal deaths for preaching the Gospel. Would they have done this for a lie? Grishma, you are right, religion isn't everything: JESUS is everything to me and every other born-again Christian. I'm not going to cut anything out of the Bible because it isn't in red-letters or because people don't like it. The truth hurts sometimes, but the truth is to be heard and accepted! The truth which Jesus brought into the world set me free. He set me free from my sins. I am still not perfect to this day, but the Lord loves me and you all anyway! God Himself came in the flesh and died for our sins! Jesus is the Lord.
If I cut out verses of the Bible or tear out entire pages of it then I am dishonoring my Lord who died for me and his followers who died for the Gospel. I will tell the truth to you about Jesus and the whole truth, about which I am not ashamed. To deny anything in God's word as truth would be denying His goodness and mercy which He has shown to me through my walk with Him. There is nothing good in me but the Holy Spirit which dwells inside of me. While others may go and serve other false gods and idols, I will choose to serve the LORD.
I am only open to the truth, and if that makes me close-minded then I would rather not be considered open-minded. There is only one truth and one God. No Christian should be offended at any of my words, because they know that what I am teaching comes from the Bible (the only inspired religious Book). All I am doing is showing why I think that the Islamic religion is in error. I am also offering evidence to back up my opinion. Before you establish an opinion and try to be open about it, try doing a little bit of reading and find out for yourself.
Anonymous 3: All i'm saying is to have a little more respect to the other kinds of people in this world. The only thing is that you shouldnt have said their religion is false and when you said " one of the most dangerous of the false religions in the world " you were basically referring to a lot of different religions too. Just like if someone told you that your religion is wrong, you would get mad at them. You just got to look at other people's sides and not just yours.. and i get you have a strong opinion and dont mean harm, but I'd be nice if some respect was put into play. They can certainly live the way they choose and you can live the way you do in a peaceful way.
I understand. I try not to judge people, Leslie. But when something is false it is false, there is no beating around the bush. It is a dangerous religion and that is the truth. I could have went deeper into radical Islam but that is not the topic of discussion. Not all Muslims are the psychotic radicals we hear about on the news, there are plenty of peaceful Muslims that could very well be some of the finest people you meet. I think there are very dangerous heresies taught in Christian churches. I believe eternal security (the doctrine that teaches that a person cannot loose their salvation) is one of the most dangerous doctrines out there. Does that mean that I believe that the people who teach them are evil? Absolutely not. Everyone has the right to their own opinions and belief systems, but nobody can put reality and myth in the same category.
I haven't put my mouth against people who follow the Islamic faith. Only negative comment I had against any Islamic followers were radicals. Note that I did not say that every Muslim is a radical terrorist bent on destroying the Western way of life. Many Muslims came here to escape the evil deeds being done in the Middle East.
Anonymous 3: Alright, we'll just leave it at that. I respect your beliefs. Have a nice day:)
I have several friends that I have a strong respect for that are not Christians. One of them in particular is an Atheist. Not every Atheist is a militant like you see on Youtube or common internet forums. I know for sure that they are wrong about God not existing, but I do not think they are evil people for not believing, they are just mislead. I also don't believe that everyone on the planet who claims to be a Christian is going to Heaven either. Christianity is the most widely followed faith in the world (Islam in second place, mind you), but Jesus said, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. [Matthew 7:13-14]." Jesus also said in Matthew 7:21-23, "Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in Heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? And in Thy name cast out devils? And in Thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
You too, Leslie. God bless you.