Sunday, September 15, 2013

Statement of Faith

1. I believe in one, uni-personal God named Yahweh (Deuteronomy 6:4), the creator of heaven and earth who manifests Himself primarily as the Father (John 4:23-24), the Son (John 20:28), and the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4).

2. I believe in the inspiration of the original manuscripts of the 66-books of the Holy Bible,  meaning that they were written by the Holy Spirit of Yahweh (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21)  through the apostles and prophets who wrote the Books of the Old Testament and New Testament. Copyist errors were made over the process of transmission, as well as translation errors, but scholarship has shown that the original Bible has been extremely well-preserved.

3. I believe in the gifts of the Spirit and that they are still active today (Romans 12:6-8; I Corinthians 12:4-11; I Corinthians 12:28).

4. I believe in baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and that it is a commandment of God (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38).

5. I believe in a literal return of Jesus Christ after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29) and resurrection of the dead, and a judgment of both the living and dead by the Lord and God Jesus (John 5:22; John 5:29).

6. I believe in Heaven and Hell. Those who are saved will be with God after death (II Corinthians 5:8). Those who are lost will be punished in Hell for eternity (Matthew 25:41).

7. I believe that salvation is obtained through faith alone and not by good deeds (Ephesians 4:8-9). Jesus is the only way to salvation (John 14:26). Belief in Jesus's deity is also essential ( John 8:24).

8. I believe in Armenianism and free will, not predestination and Calvinism (Revelation 22:11). Salvation can be lost but only if you walk away from God (II Peter 2:22; Colossians 1:23).

http://www.bible-geeks.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment